Private lesson- Try the Wheel and Handbuild
Regular price $400.00
*Please contact Sarah to arrange a time prior to purchasing by emailing email@example.com or calling 0434 698 078*
Just like the Throw 'n Go Shed Sesh, but for two!
In this three hour session, you will learn about the process of pottery, from clay preparation to firing.
While one person is on the wheel, the other will create pieces by coiling, pinching or slab building.
To keep these sessions short and sharp, the clay will be prepared for you and your unique creations will be trimmed and glazed for you. * If you like, you can decorate your hand built pieces with underglaze on the day.
During the shed session, you can enjoy a snack over a safety run down and chat about the process of pottery, followed by some quick demonstrations.
You will then get to jump on the wheel yourself and get stuck into centering clay, pulling the walls and shaping your very own ceramic pieces or hand building, for one hour, then swap to the other activity for another.
To keep these sessions short and sharp, the clay will be prepared for you and your unique creations will be trimmed and glazed for you.*
Choose up to 3 of your creations to keep and select your top glaze, and they will be fired and ready for collection in approximately one month's time.
What do I need to do to prepare?
- When slinging clay on the wheel, things are bound to get messy! Please wear closed in shoes, no tight-fitting clothing and nothing you are scared to get dirty (clay washes out but it's best not to take chances!)
- Please bring a towel
- Unfortunately long nails and pottery don't mix! Make sure they are nice and short for the day.
- You will receive an email with the address upon booking (there's lots of on-street parking and Yarraville train station is only a ten minute walk away)
Why so cheap?
- I have taught ceramics in a very casual setting, and I would like to refine my teaching skills to prepare me for more professional teaching environments. These shed sessions are a mutual learning experience!
- The classes are held in my humble home studio- perhaps not as glamorous as some other professional studios (but with possibility of seeing Angus, the cat!)
Why learn with Snakebird?
- You will not find a cheaper opportunity to try the potters wheel in metropolitan Melbourne! These prices are for a very limited time only.
- Receive one-on-one tuition from a teacher who is patient, enthusiastic and knows what it’s like to be a beginner
- Keep up to three items that you make on the day
- Guaranteed good tunes (several hours have gone into curating the perfect pottery playlist!)
- Immortalise your 'Ghost' moment with a photo of you on the wheel
- Tasty snacks and an adult bev after 4pm
*If you would like to complete the whole process, deciding the final shape of your piece by trimming the base yourself, this can be arranged. We will organise a time for you to return within the week after your throwing session to trim the base and decorate your pieces with underglaze, if desired. This additional session will be $40 per hour, paid afterwards.